Exclusive Golf Demand Model
Golfers and Rounds Played - Anywhere in the U.S.!
NGF has estimated the number of golfers, best customers and rounds played for all U.S. geographies including cities, counties, ZIP codes and even neighborhoods. We've done this using a statistical model that takes into account known golf participation, golf facility supply, rounds played, demographics and other factors.
There Are Three Ways to Access NGF's Golf Demand Model Data
- Decision Support System Workbooks
- Custom Reports
- NGF GolFacts
Decision Support System Workbooks
These are Excel workbooks at either the DMA or MSA level.
- DMA means "designated market area" (Nielsen media market). There are 210 DMAs covering the entire U.S.
- MSA means "metropolitan statistical area." There are 362 MSAs which are larger cities and exclude rural areas.
Each workbook contains five worksheets containing data for each DMA or MSA (over 100 variables in total):
- Golf Demand
- Golf Supply
- Golf Demand and Supply Ratios
- Golf Retail Supply
Demographics - Basic demographics of overall (not golfer) population, including number of people, age, income, etc. Also includes growth trends.
Golf Demand - Number of golfing households, number of individual golfers, number of best customer households (those spending $1,000 or more annually on golfing fees and/or equipment), participation rate, rounds demanded. Also includes rankings and indices for golfers and rounds enabling quick comparisons between markets.
Golf Supply - Complete analysis of golf supply from NGF's golf facility database. Number of golf courses by type and price point, number of courses built in the last 10 years, number of courses under construction, and more.
Golf Demand and Supply Ratios - Ratios of Golf Demand and Golf Supply described above. For example, the number of golfing households per 18-hole equivalent. Ratios provide critical data regarding the interaction of supply and demand in every market.
Golf Retail Supply - The number of stand-alone golf specialty stores, square footage and retail/demand ratios.
To order a Decision Support System Workbook, call NGF at 888.643.2500.
If you don't need all of the data contained in the Decision Support System for DMA or MSA (above), call us with your custom data needs. Examples:
- All demand data for northern California.
- Supply and demand data for 15 counties in Texas.
- Number of golfing households for all 210 DMAs.
GolFacts Market Data Services
GolFacts was designed for use by golf market researchers, appraisers, brokers, golf facility developers and other knowledgeable users. Filled with essential golf market data, the report can significantly reduce the time required to conduct various due diligence efforts. GolFacts presents an initial overview of the basic characteristics of a specified golf market area. This "first look" is intended to help our golf-knowledgeable clients identify relevant parameters about the market, especially those pertaining to the local golf facility supply and the population that is available to support it. The report also offers comparisons to the state and nation as a whole.
GolFacts provides a cost-effective foundation for conducting more advanced studies. For the GolFacts Report, you would provide a location (street address, crossroads, center of town, or zip code) from which we will generate market data such as estimated number of golfing households, average rounds demanded per household, actual number of golf facilities and a ratio of golf facilities to households available to support them. Because this product presents a snapshot of the existing and projected golf demand/supply equation, it is especially relevant to individuals or companies that are in the business of buying or selling golf courses.
The GolFacts report can be purchased with up to three markets per location, based on mileage rings, drive time areas, county, DMA, MSA, or state.
A GolFacts Report includes:
- Proprietary NGF golf supply and demand indices for both golfers and rounds played
- Expansive population demographics, including current population estimates with five-year projections
- Estimates of the number of golfing households and rounds played at the Designated Market Area (DMA) level
- Rankings of subject DMA on the measures of golf participation rates, number of golfing households, predicted demand, and number of existing golf facilities by type
A GolFacts Plus Report includes all GolFacts Report components as well as:
- Key findings by an NGF Consultant
- Analysis of new course development activity over the past five- and 10-year periods
- Complete golf facility supply listings, including courses in planning and under construction
- Complete listing of golf ranges and golf specialty retail stores
- Detailed rounds and golfer density maps
- Proprietary golf development matrix
Additional golf decision support systems are available, call NGF at 888.643.2500.
Last Updated: 4/7/2010 1:38:05 PM / Generated at: 5/22/2013 1:15:14 AM