Data Visualization Analyst
We’re hiring a data visualization analyst.
Location: Jupiter, FL (although not preferred, we are open to partially or fully remote)
Want to work in golf? Join the organization that golf businesses count on for timely and actionable research and insight.
Over several decades the National Golf Foundation has built a reputation of delivering meaningful, data-driven intelligence to its clients, members and the golf industry overall. Our team leverages a range of available data and conducts its own original quantitative and qualitative research to help discover answers to important business questions, unearth insights and trends, and put golf business leaders in positions to make smarter decisions.
The data visualization analyst supports NGF’s research team and the wider organization by transforming data and information into compelling graphics and illustrations – in a way that brings greater clarity, interest and value to our work.
To be successful, the data visualization analyst should have a clear understanding of content, an eye for design, a natural creative edge, an aptitude for research and analytics, an appreciation for data-driven decision-making, and an interest in making the golf industry smarter and more energized through research and intelligence. An understanding that our audience’s time is increasingly limited, and that our work must grab and hold attention to facilitate the desired actions, is critical.
This position reports to the Chief Research Officer.
The ideal candidate is a curious, self-motivated individual who is passionate about both research and storytelling, and knows how to leverage the power of data and design to create engaging output across a range of products and channels – from client reports to member publications and the public-facing content that will drive NGF’s website and social channels. Your work will be on display in many ways and to many people who work in golf, both domestically and abroad.
- Work in cooperation with the rest of NGF’s research team to conceptualize and design effective output for projects and assignments that vary in complexity, scope and audience – including proprietary client research reports and presentation decks, data-driven infographics, interactive dashboards (e.g., Tableau), eBooks, and more
- Contribute to the wider organization by establishing what “best in class” looks like for presenting data and information
- Help to shape the organization’s “playbook” for execution using certain design principles and approaches, so that the outside world ultimately sees one, unified NGF
- Help the organization to elevate our content through visualization, thinking critically about how to make NGF’s work stand out
- Proactively explore new and improved techniques for data storytelling
- 2+ years of demonstratable experience in data analysis and visualization, infographic products, and/or interactive visual storytelling
- A portfolio with examples is requested
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and one or multiple graphic design programs (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.)
- Experience with (or a willingness to explore) interactive data visualization/BI tools like Tableau, SAS, and/or Power BI
- Experience with (or a willingness to explore) more-advanced tools like D3 and other libraries for producing dynamic visualizations
- Strong analytical thinking and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and timelines
Compensation & Benefits
Annual Salary: dependent on experience and qualifications
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Holiday pay
- Health and dental insurance
- Life and disability insurance
To apply, please email your resume, a cover letter and salary requirement (all 3 items MUST be included for consideration) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest. We can’t wait to hear from you! Please visit our website for a deeper understanding of the organization.
Learn From NGF Members
Whether you’re the head planner of your upcoming buddies golf trip or simply along for the ride, we’ve gathered a few easy ways to keep everyone in your group happy.Read More...
With the golf season getting into full swing, the days are growing longer for course maintenance teams. Your plans and budgets are in place to help guide your superintendent ...Read More...
For most golfers, the idea of an in-home golf simulator is nothing more than a fantasy. However, with advancements in technology, your own golf simulator is now more attainable than ever.Read More...