Responsible for a variety of accounting functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable and assistance with monthly close (balance sheet reconciliation). Support sales and membership team in processing payments and preparing invoices. Prepare journal entries and B/S account analysis.
Principal Responsibilities:(In Priority Order)
- Accounts Payable:
- Create new vendor files; collect and file W-9 and tax-exempt information
- Review mathematical accuracy of invoices and expense reports
- Enter vendor invoices into accounting software (Sage Intacct), code, request supervisor approval of charges, and request payment
- Reconcile monthly corporate Amex bill, collect receipts for all charges, and import invoice into accounting software (Sage Intacct)
- Prepare monthly state sales and use tax report for review by CFO and e-file
- Monitor bank accounts and verify availability of funds prior to disbursing payments; if needed, prepare a cash forecast for CFO and transfer funds as approved
- Reconcile and prepare annual 1099 preparation
- Accounts Receivable:
- Maintain regular contact with other departments to obtain and convey information as it relates to invoicing per contracts or agreements
- Monitor various operating bank accounts daily for incoming ACH/Wire payments
- Process payments on open accounts, as needed
- Prepare credit memos and requests for refunds, as needed
- Research and follow-up on unusual items and aged receivables
- Handle verbal and written communications with customers regarding payment inquiries monthly
- Update CFO on any receivables that are greater than 60 days overdue, including all communications with internal and client team members
- Reconcile bank accounts monthly and research discrepancies
- Prepare monthly analysis of B/S accounts; compare actual results to budget amounts and explain variances
- Maintain fixed asset schedule
- Assist CFO with timely monthly and year-end closings
- Prepare year end schedules and analysis for the external audits and assist in responding to documentation requests
- Assist CFO in bi-weekly payroll processes, when necessary, while maintaining a high level of confidential information
- Assist CFO is administering group benefits, when needed, including health, dental, LTD, life insurance, COBRA, and 401(k), including year-end reporting. Month end journal entries reconciling health, dental & life insurance bills.
- Assist supervisors with recruitment, including placing ads on various job boards, organizing resumes received, reference checking, ordering background checks, processing new hire paperwork; orientation of new employees.
- Maintain personnel files and update employee lists: phone, address, emergency contact, birthday, and anniversary
- Perform operational audits and special assignments as assigned by the CFO
- Strive to streamline departmental operations
- Maintain close working relationships with all other departments and understand flow of information among departments
Relationships and Contacts:
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Business Contacts: Bank personnel, software support personnel, outside auditing/accounting firm, vendors and customers
3-5 years general ledger accounting experience, including cash, receivables, payables, and fixed assets, as well as financial statement preparation
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software, accounting software (specifically Sage Intacct), and database software (specifically iMIS); experience with Access for reporting and queries.
Understanding of and ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles. Excellent and highly accurate reconciliation and accounting skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent organizational and time management skills. Detail oriented.
NOTE: Statements included in this description are intended to describe the general duties and responsibilities of the position and are not intended to be all-inclusive.
Learn From NGF Members
Whether you’re the head planner of your upcoming buddies golf trip or simply along for the ride, we’ve gathered a few easy ways to keep everyone in your group happy.Read More...
As humans, we see our primary care physician on a regular basis to proactively evaluate our vital signs. Likewise, a superintendent should perform frequent diagnostic testing on their golf course.Read More...
We’ve long known that higher launch and lower spin is a powerful combination for generating consistently long and straight tee shots. A key factor in optimizing launch conditions, one often overlooked, is ...Read More...